About Yomi wiki Edit
It aim to include both historic and new information about the game, those who contributed to its development, and the community and events that surround it.
|About the game
|Base set characters||Shadows expansion characters||
|Things of interest|
News and announcements
Current and Upcoming Events
- See the Tournaments page for a list of upcoming and current tournaments—both those held in-person and online.
- Weekly casuals lobby - There is currently a weekly casuals lobby that will be streamed every Friday. You can learn more here.
- 6 June 2015 - BADC aka "Come see me in Yomi" Tournament/Meetup | Cincinnati, Ohio by juushichi
- Fantasy Strike Expo - June 5th - 7th, 2015, USA. Info at: http://www.fantasystrike.com/fsx
- Zen-fami-kyoukai, twice monthly, Japan - Info
- See the Events page for a list of upcoming events—both those held in-person and online.
- See the Community groups page for a global list of Yomi community groups that meet to play or discuss Yomi.
About Yomi Edit
Yomi is a simple competitive card game that simulates a battle between two characters. Each deck represents one character and doubles as a regular deck of playing cards.
Each deck has 56 cards: 52 poker cards with markings to play Yomi, 2 Jokers, 1 character card, and 1 rules card. The 2-10 cards are attacks, blocks, dodges, and throws. Face cards are special moves, while Aces are super moves. Most cards have a different move along the top and bottom edges. The object of the game is to reduce the opponent's hit points to zero through winning combats and performing combos.
"Yomi" is Japanese for "reading", as in reading the mind of the opponent. [needs referencing] The Yomi card game is designed to distill the high-level mind games from fighting game tournaments into a simple card game that, itself, stands up to serious tournament play.
Yomi teaches you to pay attention to small clues that indicate how people think and act. Developing your ability to read other people and draw on your unconscious knowledge might give you an edge in other games and benefit you in other areas of life.
- For further information, see Yomi: Fighting Card Game
Featured media Edit
|Valerie by 東雲飛鶴＠絵のお仕事募集中 (Izuru)
For more fan art, see: Fan art
|David Sirlin (creator of Yomi) talks to Aphotix (lead Yomi playtester) about the story and design of each of the ten Yomi Shadows expansion characters:|
Friends of Yomi wiki
- Sirlin Games
- Yomi FantasyStrike.com discussion forum
- Patreon: support David Sirlin creating Thinky Games and Podcasts
Community maintained websites
Other games by David Sirlin:
Other accessible fighting games:
Recent wiki activity Edit